1. Proprietary Rights. As between you and us, and except for your Submitted Materials (as defined in Section 5 below), we own, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Web site, all the content (including, but not limited to, all audio, photographs, images, illustrations, renderings, drawings, Webcasts, RSS feeds, podcasts, reports, papers, research, other services, graphics, charts, logos, widgets, gadgets, applets, other distributable applications, other visuals, video and copy), software, code, data and other materials thereon (collectively, the “Site Content”), the look and feel, design and organization of the Web site, and the compilation of the Site Content, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Web site does not grant to you ownership or title of, in or to any Site Content or any other part of the Web site. Except as expressly set forth herein, any reproduction, retransmission, republication or other use of the Site Content is prohibited.
Associated Press (“AP”) text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. Users may not download or reproduce a substantial portion of the AP material found on this web site. AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
6. Rules of Conduct. While accessing or using the Web site, the Site Content and the various other features available on the Web site, in addition to any other supplementary terms, rules and/or guidelines that may be posted or otherwise made available in connection with particular areas or features on the Web site, you agree that you shall not:
• impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity;
• insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content (including, without limitation, hyperlinks) into any of the Site Content or services on the Web site (including, for example and without limitation, in an RSS feed received from us or otherwise through the Web site), or into any of your Submitted Materials that you may submit to any Forum or any other areas of the Web site;
• use, redistribute, republish or exploit any part of the Web site or any Site Content for any commercial or promotional purposes, or contact any other user of the Web site for commercial or promotional purposes, or offer to buy or sell any product or service on or through your activities on the Web site or in a Forum on the Web site;
• alter, edit, delete, remove, fail to display, otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose any of the Site Content, including, without limitation, any trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, promotional taglines, or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices included therein or thereon;
• obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information or any services available on or through the Web site through any means, including through means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Web site;
• engage in spidering, “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, or any other automatic or unauthorized means of accessing, logging-in or registering on the Web site, or obtaining lists of users or other information from or through the Web site, including, without limitation, any information residing on any server or database connected to the Web site;
• use the Web site or its features and services in any manner that could interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair the Web site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Web site, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or “flooding” servers with requests;
• circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere (or attempt, encourage or support any one else’s attempt to do any of the foregoing) with the Web site or its services or any software on the Web site;
• create any links from the Web site (or include any links in your submissions to any Forum or any other part of the Web site) directed to Web sites or content owned or maintained by third parties;
• frame any third-party sites or content, in any manner that would constitute or could be interpreted as an endorsement or sponsorship by us of any third party site, content, information or other materials, or in any manner that would violate the terms and conditions of any such third party sites;
• upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish to, on or through the Sites, any information, content or materials which are false, fraudulent, misleading, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, incendiary, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, including without limitation, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
• use the Web site or the Site Content to, or in any other manner, violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or rights of publicity or any other proprietary or legal right;
• upload, post, publish, distribute or otherwise transmit any information or material which constitutes or contains a virus, spyware, or other harmful component, or which contains any embedded links, advertising, chain letters or pyramid schemes of any kind; or
• use the Web site or its services (or any Site Content), in whole or in part, in violation of any applicable law.
10. Downloads. We may make certain materials and services available for download to users of the Web site. Certain of these materials and services that you may be able to download on or through the Web site may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such download.
11. Linking to the Web site. You agree that, without the prior express permission of us: (a) you are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Web site, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another web site; (b) you may not link to any web site which includes content that may reasonably be considered to be illegal or obscene; and (c) you may not link from any other web site to the Web site in any manner such that the Web site, or any page of the Web site, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. The posting or creation of a link to the Web site signifies that you have read the restrictions described herein and agree to abide by their terms. We may, in our sole discretion, insist that any link to the Web site be discontinued, and we may revoke your right to link to the Web site from any other web site at any time upon written notice to
12. Third Party Web Sites. You may be able to link from the Web site to third party web sites and third party web sites may link to the Web site (“Linked Sites”). You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for any information, content, advertising, products, services or other materials on any Linked Sites, and that links to Linked Sites do not necessarily constitute an endorsement, approval or sponsorship thereof by us. If you choose to rely on any Linked Site, you are doing so at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such choice.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, FORUMS, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, DOWNLOADS AND MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, CORRECTNESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE, THE SERVICES, THE FORUMS OR THE SITE CONTENT WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED IN A TIMELY MANNER OR AT ALL. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, WILL MEET USERS’ REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US, OR FROM OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. WE ALSO ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE WEB SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OR UPLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE WEB SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEB SITE, YOU SHOULD DISCONTINUE USING THE WEB SITE. WE DO NOT NECESSARILY ENDORSE, SUPPORT, SANCTION, ENCOURAGE OR AGREE WITH ANY SITE CONTENT OR ANY SUBMITTED MATERIALS, OR ANY OPINION, RECOMMENDATION, CONTENT, LINK, DATA OR ADVICE EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED THEREIN, AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH SUBMITTED MATERIALS AND ANY OTHER CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE CREATED OR PROVIDED BY USERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. USE OF THE WEB SITE, CREATION OF AN ACCOUNT OR THE SUBMISSION OF ANY SUBMITTED MATERIALS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE OR USE THEREOF.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE IN THIS SECTION, WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY MATERIALS OR SERVICES DOWNLOADED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WEB SITE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN MATERIALS OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS AND OTHERWISE ON THE WEB SITE OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH US OR OUR AGENTS. ANY MATERIALS AND SERVICES DOWNLOADED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED BY US (OR OUR LICENSORS OR THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS) “AS IS”, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE OR SALE AGREEMENT SEPARATELY ENTERED INTO IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND US OR THE LICENSOR OR SUPPLIER.
15. Jurisdictional Issues. The Web site is intended for users who are located in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Web site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
18. Copyright. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Web site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to our Copyright Agent, designated as such pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2) (the “DMCA”), named below:
• Your address, telephone number, and email address;
• A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
• A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
• A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
• An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.